Summer is in full swing and there’s nothing like firing up your grill and inviting some friends over for a barbecue! Make sure that you follow the following fire safety tips to ensure a great time for all!
- – Always grill outside – not inside or in a tent. Opening a window is not enough!
- – When setting up your grill, make sure to place it on a flat surface, away from surrounding structures. Try to keep activities other than cooking as far away from the grill as possible.
- – Know if your grill is charcoal or propane! Always read and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- – When cooking, use long-handled grilling tools to give yourself plenty of clearance from the flames.
- – Never leave a grill unattended!
- – Clean your grill properly – fat and residue left on the grill can ignite if used later.
- – Make sure that you and your family have a fire safety plan! It’s always better to be safe than sorry!